Monday, October 13, 2008

Forgiveness Is A Wonderful Gift

I'm not a fan of the Oprah Show. But when I saw the preview for last Monday's show, I couldn't resist the temptation of watching it because it shocked me so much! A man planned and played out the murder of a family (mother, father, and 2 children). The father and one of the sons survived. On his wife's and son's death bed, the father promised to forgive the person who killed his family. But who would've thought that the surviving son would've been the one to commit such vicious murders.

Click HERE for the rundown of the show.

Here's what I think....
For someone to be able to forgive someone for killing his family is just a wonderful person. Shucks, being able to forgive anyone for anything is just a wonderful gift. I know I've held grudges for a long time over simple things that hurt me, but a murder...? Gosh, I'd probably hold that grudge and take it with me to my grave! I know it's a bad thing to do because forgiveness is one key to freedom. I've recently forgave my daddy for putting me through hell growing up and it felt like 250lbs was lifted off of my heart. It took a while and a behind-load of courage, but I did it! I commend the man for forgiving his son for doing such a horrible thing against his family.

But that's just my opinion....what do you think?

1 comment:

carolina magic said...

Good for you for forgiving your dad.

Tough but loving thing to do.

It might be the ultimate expression of love.

Good going.