Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Caring Moms with Daring Jobs

How would you feel if your mother prostituted and exploited her body for money to provide for the family?? Tyra Banks did an entire show on the topic, and like society always does, every mother that took part in the show was judged by audience members, and even Tyra herself.

Click here for a short detailed description of the show and to read what viewers thought.

Here's what I think....
My anger towards my mother would be a short-term (not that she does it or anything, I'm just saying). I don't think there's anything wrong with a mother doing what she needs to do to provide for her family. However, I don't think that a mother should tell her kids not to do something of that nature when she does it herself. No one deserves to be judged, and although it's true that prostitution and stripping isn't the best or only way of making money, it is a way to make money and in all honesty, a lot of money can be made that way. Now I wouldn't make it my goal to prostitute or strip for a living, but I look at it this way.... society is going to judge you rather you decide to strip or prostitute to provide for your family, or if you just live check by check and barely provide for them.

But that's just my opinion....what do you think??

No comments: