Tuesday, November 11, 2008

T.I. - Not Your Average Rapper

I did not consider myself a definite T.I. fan. I never held anything against him and I always found it confusing that at times he'd be T.I., other times he'd be T.I.P. I liked him more after seeing him in the movie ATL, even more after hearing his song "Whatever You Like" and "Live Your Life," but after seeing him on the Tyra Banks Show this morning, it's become official....T.I. is definitely added to the list of my most favored rappers.


Click here to check out the fast-forwarded version on the Tyra-T.I. interview.

Here's what I think....
You have your "gangsta" rappers... Young Jeezy, Busta Rhymes, Lil John... definitely club music.
You have your "playful" rappers... Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, Ludacris....every now and then, a lyric makes you laugh and you constantly say it over and over and over.
You have your "soulful" rappers... Kanye West (my fav.), Jay-Z, T-Pain ....you can count on their lyrics to mean something powerful.

And then there's T.I.... gangsta, playful, and soulful....wrapped all in one, and need I remind you....all the swagga and sexy needed to last a lifetime! What more can a rap lover ask for???

But that's just my opinion....what do you think?

No comments: