Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holidays = Family Drama

So... I always wondered why the holidays were sometimes dreaded by people, especially people with large families. After watching The Dr. Phil show today, I now understand why. Holidays equal family drama!

Click HERE to see the family drama that was on the show!

Here's what I think...
I guess my immediate family knows all about the drama that comes with holidays, so we avoid large crowds for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our holidays consist of small gatherings with close family members (mainly the 6 of us who live in the house). Things just seem more peaceful that way because if the entire family were to get together, we have enough untold drama to last us from here to all eternity. As for the family from the show, I think it's ridiculous how the supposedly head-of-household (the father) is the one who starts the drama! First of all, he is too big for that.... second of all, he really should know better! That family should definitely take a clue from mine and just either celebrate holidays without the drama-king, or don't celebrate them at all!

But that's just my opinion... what do you think?

1 comment:

Sarah MacDonald said...

oh my gosh! people are ridiculous sometimes, haha. honestly, i'm just grateful for my family and our silly little arguments. it may get annoying at times but there is always resolution in the end.